Light of the World

Your daily dose of encouragement.

Tuesday, July 19, 2005

Provision

I notice constantly as time continues to drift on by that God blesses me and others continueally. I don't think it is so much a matter of whether or not God is blessing us, but really a matter of if we are noticing that blessing. Time and time again in the past few months I have been given, money, cd's, and clothing. It has been great because I have gotten some really cute pieces of clothes without having to spend any cash. Which for me is very great because I am trying to save for school. As time passes I am able to recognize and trust more in God's timing. It's wonderful.

A Cautionary Tale:
I know someone who was a very hard work and he would constantly give more than his tithe to the poor. He didn't attend a church normally so he didn't have a place that he felt compelled to tithe to, which is why tithing to the less fortunate then himself came naturally to him. He was greatly blessed by God. After a relatively short period of being employed he recieved a part time job. After a short time of working there he received a pay raise and full-time work. And shortly after that he received another raise. Within 6 months of working there he had received full-time employment, 2 pay raises and multiple $5 coupons for books. And yet, because of his lack of stewardship he spent the money on things that he shouldn't and from time to time went hungry. He would constantly complain that he wasn't making enough and that he didn't have enough and that he wasn't receiving or blessed, but it was very clear to me that he was very blessed, he was simply spending his money in all the wrong places.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home